Lucknow city is the capital city of state Uttar Pradesh. According to Sewa Bharati, there are 152 sewa Bastis which have total population of approx. 76000 persons as slum dwellers.
It has been observed that most of the residents of slum areas in Lucknow are migrated from other cities, towns & villages for livelihood purposes or affected by urbanization. It is also observed that number of students are dropping off from the schools because of poor guidance and lack of importance regarding education. Though community needs to understand that social betterment can be achieved by getting the education. There is gap between accesses to better education, cultural upliftment.
Bal Sanskar Kendras of Sewa Bharti are abridging this gap by conducting the sessions in evening time for such needy & deprived students. More than 300 students and more than 10 slum areas are going to be benefitted with this nobel program.
- To inculcate the habit of studying in students.
- To improve reading, writing and mathematical abilities of the students.
- To teach study skills to the students.
- To instill social values in the students.
- To enhance the National feelings in students.
- To provide the educational support in the 10 study centres of various part of the slums in Lucknow city.
- 300 students will be identified and benefitted through these study centres.
- 3 training workshops and 1 annual residential camp on the topic of life skill and Social values
- To provide tuitions in English, Maths and Science to 1st std – 7th std throughout the academic year by centre teachers.